Innovative’s Early Learning and Child Care program offers ECEAP in 3 of our 6 classrooms. The Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is a free preschool program for eligible children and their families. ECEAP focuses on the well-being of the whole child by providing nutrition, health, education and family support services. The goal of ECEAP is to help all children
enter kindergarten ready to succeed. This program provides:
- Early childhood education in part day, full school day, or extended day classrooms.
- Social and emotional development.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- Health screenings and connections to medical, dental, and mental health services.
- Family support services.
- Parent education and leadership opportunities.
Who is eligible?
Children 3 years old or 4 years old by August 31st who are:
- From a family with a low annual income; or
- Qualify for school district special education services; or
- Have developmental or environmental risk factors that could affect school success
ECEAP gives priority to a child who:
- Will be in kindergarten the following year.
- Are in foster care or involved with the child welfare system.
- Are homeless.
- Are from families with lowest incomes.
Long-term benefits of ECEAP
Children in this type of high-quality program nationwide are:
- Healthier when they start kindergarten.
- Less likely to be in special education or repeat a grade in school.
- More likely to graduate from high school and go on to college.
- Less likely to become pregnant as a teen or become involved in a crime.
- More likely to be employed and to earn more as an adult.
For more information, call Stephanie Oman, Innovative Services NW ECEAP Family Advocate, today at (360) 823-5156. Hablamos español